We are a disabled people’s organisation (DPO) and provide services, opportunities and a voice to people living with disability and long-term health conditions and their families.
We are the experts in our field, helping people with their everyday life and to be part of their local community.
More than 70% of our team have lived experience of disability or a long-term health condition, so we really understand how much informed and insightful Disability Equality Training matters.
We can help your organisation understand what being a disabled person is like, the social model of disability, identify any necessary changes in working practice and plan strategies to support and implement change in line with regulatory requirements.
Our interactive training courses are designed and delivered by our team who have directly experienced discrimination and understand the reality of living in a disabling society.
We can deliver our courses remotely or face to face, but both will get you thinking, encourage discussion and challenge perspectives.
- Challenge some of the common myths and assumptions surrounding disability and disabled people
- Look at disability throughout history and the progress
- Look at how disability is viewed in society
- Understand models of disability and the impacts they have
- Look at the importance of language and the impact of microaggressions
- Consider what changes you can make to make that will improve equality for disabled people
We can also work with you to provide bespoke training and consultancy support that meets your business’ needs.