Do you need support with managing your social care?
Do you need to understand how to use your personal budget and direct your own care? We can help.
Our arrangement of care and support service can offer you ongoing technical advice and support if you get a personal budget (direct payment) from Social Care in Cheshire West & Chester or a personal budget from Health in Cheshire, Wirral and Warrington.
We also work with our partners at Disability Equality North West (DENW) to provide Lancashire Independent Living Service (LILS) for people who get a personal budget (Direct Payment) from Social Care in Lancashire.
We’ll support you to manage and direct your own health or social care at home.
We can help you with:
- Ongoing technical advice and information on all aspects of directing your own care,
- Creating a Person Centred support plan.
- Choosing how to manage your budget.
- Recruiting and employ your own Personal Assistants or arranging care via a care agency.
- Employing your staff legally and acting as a good employer.
- Checks (CRB/DBS checks) on your Personal Assistant(s).
- Help you to work out how to spend your Personal Budget/Direct Payment make sure your needs are met.
- Suggest other services you might find helpful.
Our service is for you if you:
- Manage your own care through a Direct Payment in Cheshire West and Chester.
- Are eligible for a direct payment from social services but fund this privately and live in Cheshire West and Chester
- Get healthcare funding for complex needs and live in Cheshire, Warrington or the Wirral.
- Manage your own care through a Direct Payment in Lancashire or are eligible for a Direct Payment but fund this privately. Please go to LILS – Disability Equality North West for more information.
What are Personal Budgets/Direct Payments?
A Personal budget is the cost of the care and support the local council provides or arranges for you.
You can then choose whether to have Social Services arrange your care or you may employ your own personal assistants.
Direct Payments are cash payments made to people who have decided to organise their own care to meet their assessed social care needs.
What is a Personal Health Budget?
A personal health budget is a sum of money that is allocated to you to meet your assessed health and wellbeing needs.
The money is paid to you by the NHS. It can enable you to have greater choice, control and flexibility over the care that you need.
Personal Budgets can help people live independently in their own home, within the community.
A Personal Budget gives you more choice and control on how your care is delivered, who helps you with their care, and when.
To speak to somebody about Arrangement of Care and Support please call our triage service on 03333 660 107.