Are you a parent or carer of a child or young person aged 0-19?
Do you need breaks from your caring responsibilities but want to make sure your child has a great time too?
Our Creative Breaks can help you. Creative breaks are for children and young people aged 0-19 years, living in the Cheshire West & Chester area.
Children and young people can take part in short breaks of their choice in their local community whilst allowing their parents or carers and other members of the family to have a break from their caring responsibilities.
Our breaks are a great opportunity to try new activities, meet new friends and have some freedom!
- Access a range of activities
- Meet new friends
- Enjoy the independence to experience new activities
- Explore new interests
Each child or young person will get up to £250.00 every three months to spend on break sessions. We will hold the money in an accounts which we will manage on your family’s behalf.
You can use this service if your child:
- Get the Higher rate Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for care and/or mobility
- Get the Middle rate of DLA for care and/or mobility
- Get the Enhanced rate Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for care and/or mobility
- Get the Standard rate PIP, with a minimum of 10 points over all the care sections,
- Do not receive any funded support from Social Care.
We provide the Creative breaks service on behalf of Cheshire West and Chester Council.
Our creative breaks are full at the moment, but places do come up all through the year. Please join our waiting list to be the first to hear if a place becomes available.
Our Creative Breaks service is full at the moment, but places do come up all through the year.
Join our Waiting List to be the first to hear when a place becomes available.
Forms for Creative Breaks (please do not fill in unless you have been asked to by one of our team)